Application in person or by mail:
1. Print out and complete an Application for Vital Record. You must use this form or your application will not be processed. This form can also be obtained at the Registrar of Vital Statistics office.
2. You must provide exact information that answers all the questions and identifies the information as recorded on the vital record.
3. You must provide proof of your relationship to the person named on the record. Government photo identification with a current address is required. If you do not have identification you must provide two of the following valid acceptable forms of identification, one of which must show your current address: Vehicle registration, Vehicle insurance card, Voter registration, Passport, Green card, County ID, Current Year School ID, Utility bill, Bank Statement (within previous 90 days), Tax Return for current or previous year.
4. If you are married requesting your birth certificate, a marriage certificate will be necessary.
5. If you are requesting a birth certificate for a family member (father, mother, brother or sister), you must submit a copy of your birth certificate with parent's names in order for our office to make the connection. If you are married and using your partners' last name or proof of name change such a a Legal Name Change you must provide a copy of your marriage certificate.
6. If you are requesting for a spouse, you must provide, along with your government issued photo identification a copy of your marriage certificate.
7. If you are the legal guardian or executor/executrix of an estate, you must provide documents reflecting such information. They must be dated within six months of request.
8. Please pay by cash or money order if requesting certificate in person or money order if sent by mail made payable to City of Vineland to pay the required fees whether applying in person or by mail. To mail in your application through the U.S. Mail, please send it to: City of Vineland Department of Health/Registrar 640 E. Wood Street P.O. Box 1508 Vineland, NJ 08360.
A Local Registrar may issue a certified copy of a vital record only to persons who establish themselves as the subject of the vital record, the subject’s parent, legal guardian or legal representative, spouse, child, grandchild or sibling if of legal age, to a State or Federal agency for official purposes or pursuant to a court order.
Processing Times: Please allow 4 business days from the time your application is received by the City of Vineland. To check the status of your request after 4 days, please call (856) 794-4131 to check the status of your request.
How to request a correction of a vital record? The Local Registrar may process correction requests for vital record events that occurred within their municipality. In some cases, these corrections must be authorized by the State Bureau of Vital Statistics and Registration before issuing corrected certified copies of the record.
For more detailed information please contact our office at (856) 794-4131.
Puerto Rico New Birth Certificate Information
Beginning July 1, 2010, New Jersey residents born in Puerto Rico will have to obtain a new certified copy of their birth certificate under a new law passed by the government of Puerto Rico.
The new law was based on collaboration with the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security to address the fraudulent use of Puerto Rico-issued birth certificates to unlawfully obtain U.S. passports, Social Security benefits, and other federal services.
New Jersey residents born in Puerto Rico need to contact the Office of Vital Statistics in Puerto Rico to obtain a new, certified copy of their birth certificate. Individuals should contact the government of Puerto Rico at http://www.salud.gov.pr or call 787-767-9120.
1. The application must be applied for in the municipality where either couple resides. . If both applicants are out of state residents, then the license is applied for in the municipality where the applicants will be getting married. Once the application is issued, you can get married any where in the State of New Jersey. The license, once issued, is valid for 30 days.
2. There is a three (3) day waiting period from the time the license is applied for prior to issuing same.
3. Photo identification with a current address along with a $28.00 CASH FEE will be required at the time of the application.
4. A witness over the age of 18 must be present, along with BOTH applicants at the time of the application.
5. If either applicant was previously married although not required but helpful, kindly bring in your divorce papers.
The City of Vineland does not accept credit cards for online orders; however, for your convenience, you can process online requests through an independent company that we have partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. VitalChek can be reached through its website, www.vitalchek.com. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service, and all major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.